Q1: What Collection Services are provided in Leeton?
Leeton Residential and Rural Residential households are entitled to three bins. These include a:
- 1 x 240L Red lidded Bin for Waste – (collected weekly)
- 1 x 240L Yellow lidded Bin for Recycling – (collected fortnightly)
Q2: What can I place in the Garbage Bin (Red Lidded Bin)?
Your red lidded bin is for general waste products and kitchen scraps.
Examples of General Waste products are:
- General household garbage
- Plastic bags and other non-recyclable plastics
- Foam Trays including meat trays
- Pyrex, ceramics or pottery
- Broken toys
- Clothes and Rags
- Plastic Buckets
- Any glass except bottles & jars (including plate glass, windows, mirrors, drinking glasses
Q3: What can I place in the Recycling Bin (Yellow Lidded Bin)?
All recyclable items such as:
- Paper & Cardboard – newspapers, magazines, milk/juice cartons, and cardboard boxes
- Plastics – Rigid plastic containers from your kitchen, bathroom and laundry
- Steel – Food cans, aerosol cans, jar lids, coffee tins
- Aluminium – soft drink/beer cans, clean foil
- Glass – bottles and jars only (all colours)
Q4: We have a large family – can we have additional services if required?
Yes. You may have additional waste, recycling and/or greenwaste service if required (fees apply).
Q5: What do domestic waste services cost?
The Council sets its own fees and charges for their respective Domestic Waste charge on an annual basis, as part of the preparation of their Management Plans, budget and fees and charges which become operative from 1st July each year.
For more information on this year’s fees and charges contact Leeton Shire Council.